Friday, February 10, 2012

To The Hospital, And Beyond!

I woke up. "Oh fuck ow!" My right side was killing me. It was like my insides were revolting against me. "Hey, organs, screw you! You can't revolt, you'll die without me." But they wouldn't listen. All day every time I walked around, which is all I do when I've got classes, I would have sharp pains coming and going. It stopped for a while after I managed to stumble through an exam in my Philosophy 210 class. I thought it was over. But no. About half an hour later, the pain got so bad, I had to call the doctor. That's a major thing. I'm not really phased by physical pain. I can deal with a lot of it. And I hate going to the doctor's office. So to freely call the doctor because of pain, it was bad.

I have to go to the hospital.

They told me to go to the ER at the UW Hospital. So I called my mom to come pick me up, and then told my TA for the class that was about to start that I was going to the hospital. My mom got me and we went to the ER. It has changed a lot since the last time I was there. It was all nice and rebuilt.

First they made me pee in a cup. It was another instance when the only thing in the world I wanted was a penis. It would be so much easier. That and then I could have gone outside and pissed my name in the snow. I just want to mark all the snow.


Then they took me back to a room. My doctor came in. He was super serious so the entire time I was trying to make him laugh. He sat down and started asking me questions. He asked me if I'm sexually active. I hate that question. How am I supposed to answer that? I'm not currently doing that, I have before, I'd be open to it if the right guy asked. Blergh. I stumbled through the awkward questions while my mother was sitting there, listening to all the answers.

After that, he said he wanted to give me a pelvic exam. Fuck. That. I really tried to say no, but he said with the pain I was having, it would be best if he did one. The nurse that was in the room, who was actually very nice, told me she wanted me to just relax and spread my legs like a frog.

This was the only frog I could think of. Thanks Foul Bachelor Frog.

After that ordeal, they put in an iv and took some blood. I love watching that part. It's so cool.


Then another resident doctor came in and said he was going to ultrasound my tummy so he could look at all my awesome organs. He and another doctor came in. The doctor was teaching him how to ultrasound and look for this and that. It was pretty awesome. They lost my gallbladder though. They couldn't find it except for when they came at it from one certain way.

After all that, I had to just sit there and wait for like an hour and a half. Finally yet another doctor came in, told me all my tests were turning up negative so far, pushed on my stomach, and then said they'd be getting me out of there in a little bit. Wait for another chunk of time that seemed like forever, and then the nurse came back in and said there was nothing wrong with me and I could go home.


- Urine sample
- Pelvic exam
- Blood samples
- and an ultrasound
and there's nothing wrong with me. It still hurts. But I'll be fine. And it was quite an adventure.

Syd

No comments: